Thread: Apparently Z1 is a deceptive phishing attack site

Default Apparently Z1 is a deceptive phishing attack site

As of today, Ive been getting this message whenever I visit the Z1 forums.

Not sure if you guys can do anything about it, but it could be affecting your site traffic if people are being turned away as a dangerous/malware site, even though we know it isnt!

Default Re: Apparently Z1 is a deceptive phishing attack site

Yep, getting same warning. I've clicked to visit site anyway and it says its 'Dangerous' in the Chrome address bar.

New or renewed SSL certificate needed?
    >>> I HAVE LOADS OF STUFF FOR SALE - CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY SALE THREADS <<<

Yeh my firefox browser did this, also if you enter the site via search result (eg googled some airsoft question of sorts) you regularly get directed to a 'filestore' corrupt/phishing site. Def needs a sort out

I'd also be wary of ticking the box on the "google" warning, regarding sending some info on to them.
    It could be genuine, & something as simple as cookies triggers a warning notice via certain search engines, but equally some hackers/viruses have become so professional that the bogus pages we receive are hard to distinguish from the real McCoy ?

Same as you Sprint, usually searching for Zeroin through Google and clicking on the link redirects to filestore72.info - which sends off Malwarebytes etc. Backing out and retrying the link again brings me to Zeroin forums. Using Firefox gives me the same result as what Tiercel got.

Unless the staff at Zeroin are feeling particularly interested they might look into getting the issue sorted, but I doubt it as it's being going on long enough (Months! I always thought it was just to do with their hosting but seems not).

Quote Originally Posted by reedy. View Post
    Same as you Sprint, usually searching for Zeroin through Google and clicking on the link redirects to filestore72.info - which sends off Malwarebytes etc. Backing out and retrying the link again brings me to Zeroin forums. Using Firefox gives me the same result as what Tiercel got.

Unless the staff at Zeroin are feeling particularly interested they might look into getting the issue sorted, but I doubt it as it's being going on long enough (Months! I always thought it was just to do with their hosting but seems not).
    You have no idea how many unpaid hours I have spent attempting to resolve this issue, unfortunately it isn't as easy as turning on a light.

Can only view on mobile.now. no browsers work on my pc

Avast antivirus is also blocking the site.

Ive been getting this on Chrome for the last couple of days too, seems the site needs re-evaluating?

I'm getting this as well, have been for the past week or so
    Own:
    - GHK G5, TM Sig Sauer P226, G&G TR4 CQB-R
    Wanted:
    - TM M870 Breacher, TM VSR-10 G Spec
    Selling:
    - VFC HK417 DMR

Personelly i just scroll down the "Red page of death" untill you see view the details tab, then you can click contuine to the site at your own risk, which i honestly believe to be nothing more than an out of date SSL certificate that's been flagged up by your anti virus software.
    However, if you have access to an Apple machine or an ipad, then worry not, no more seeing the dreaded red screen death, as it won't show up on Safari......well works for me!.
    Although i would add to anyone, i wouldn't recommend switching your Windows anti virus or protection off, I'm sure the guys t Zero are working on it, and thanks to them for their efforts. As it can be fustrating and extremely time consuming.

Might be related to the iFrame's that are pointing to the Zero One site, for some reason I got a message saying my browser needed to block aspects of the page and it seems to be the product adverts that show up at the top of every page that have been blocked. Looks like the mobile site is showing the full site in the ad boxes as well. Might be the browsers not liking how the ad's are built into the page.

Might be this that's caused the issue and for the site to be flagged with the browser providers!

I blame the Russians, they can't beat us at airsoft so they wanna tamper with us instead
    " Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

I can access z1 from my Tapatalk but from pc it gets blocked, utter trash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Quote Originally Posted by gijohn2 View Post
    utter trash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Feel free to go else where...

I know a good web agency that will fix this and a lot more besides. From 375 per day.

It's probably the cert, looks like forums.zeroin.co.uk isn't on the cert, so it's not trusted. Access via http and it's fine

ZeroIn has never used an SSL certificate. That's not the problem.

So long as people report it as not being a phishing site, it'll be removed automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by temp89 View Post
    I know a good web agency that will fix this and a lot more besides. From 375 per day.
    I know you're probably kidding, but tbh all ZeroIn needs is some forum software that isn't arse like vB is and it'd be great. It's like being back in 2005 up in here.

- - - Updated - - -

ZeroIn has never used an SSL certificate. That's not the problem. Plus subdomains aren't covered by a single certificate anyway unless it's a wildcard SSL. That's not to say they shouldn't as basic SSL certification is free these days from various places but still, I think they'd struggle as vB likely isn't all that SSL friendly in this form.

So long as people report it as not being a phishing site, it'll be removed automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by temp89 View Post
    I know you're probably kidding, but tbh all ZeroIn needs is some forum software that isn't arse like vB is and it'd be great. It's like being back in 2005 up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Proffrink View Post
    but tbh all ZeroIn needs is some forum software that isn't arse like vB is
    Or at least an updated version, 4.2.0 was released more than 5 years ago.
    Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

I removed AVG and allowed dangerous sites via Chrome.I'm using I-obit and windows defender with no issues currently.It is the only site on my favourites that is affected.I uninstalled AVG and it worked ,I reinstalled it and the issue reappeared.I'm no expert so do this at YOUR own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Personelly i just scroll down the "Red page of death" untill you see view the details tab, then you can click contuine to the site at your own risk, which i honestly believe to be nothing more than an out of date SSL certificate that's been flagged up by your anti virus software.
    However, if you have access to an Apple machine or an ipad, then worry not, no more seeing the dreaded red screen death, as it won't show up on Safari......well works for me!.
    Although i would add to anyone, i wouldn't recommend switching your Windows anti virus or protection off, I'm sure the guys t Zero are working on it, and thanks to them for their efforts. As it can be fustrating and extremely time consuming.
    Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 22.12.49.png
    My biggest fear is that if I die, my mrs will sell of my airsoft kit for what I told her I paid!

WANTED:- WE Hicapa and 1911 parts. PM me if you have anything to offer.

Maybe try clicking 'show details' - may allow you through there.

It's a bowser thing blocking Z1, not an antivirus thing by the way guys.

Yeah you can just click "show details" and "visit dangerous site anyway", but its a pain in the ass, especially when it comes up every time you change the page, e.g. going from main forum to your PMs or anything else.

Maybe try clicking 'show details' - may allow you through there.

It's a bowser thing blocking Z1, not an antivirus thing by the way guys.
    It wouldn't work until I disabled AVG and as below I tried that option AVG still wouldn't allow me to "visit dangerous site anyway",

Quote Originally Posted by Tiercel View Post
    Yeah you can just click "show details" and "visit dangerous site anyway", but its a pain in the ass, especially when it comes up every time you change the page, e.g. going from main forum to your PMs or anything else.

Wow seems like this is quite a wide spread issue then, I'm getting the same thing and because of it now only use the forum now and then on my mobile, I'll just keep doing that and use the forum now and then and see if it Ever gets sorted.
    ATB, Marc.
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

It's your browser doing it, so yeh: Chrome and Firefox (likely Edge/IE) will do it. In fact, I believe they 'share' a blacklist on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by snuff View Post
    It wouldn't work until I disabled AVG and as below I tried that option AVG still wouldn't allow me to "visit dangerous site anyway",
    Lots of overzealous antivirus programs will do this. I'd maybe recommend uninstalling your antivirus if you're on Windows 7+ as Defender uses the same databases that they all use and browsers have plenty of built-in security features too. They're more effort than it's worth at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    You have no idea how many unpaid hours I have spent attempting to resolve this issue, unfortunately it isn't as easy as turning on a light.
    If it's helpful Rampage, Avast is flagging forums.zeroin.co.uk/images/misc/Z1.png as a threat. Might just need you to remove or replace the file.
    "What are you doing?"
    "Helping!!!"
    "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

I'm sure Z1 will sort it soon,visting numbers must be impacted,I certainly don't use my phone for accessing Z1..although when the issue started I did use my phone to narrow down the possible issue source.Defender is working ok 4 me currently.

Yeah, I'm still getting this on Win 10 chrome browser..

And?

Is it fixed? It seems to be fixed. I dont know if you guys did anything but now Im not getting this error anymore.

Wait, no, false alarm - I lied. Its still broken. The problem came back after a few hours for some reason.

Same still for me two on both my pc and laptop, pc uses Firefox laptop uses Google.. So I only use my phone for this forum now and then on my phone unfortunately..
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

You can tell it to ignore the warning you know, Marc.

how do you get it to stop showing it, its really stopped me coming to the site, stupid i know, but cant be arsed having to accept through everytime i wann go on a page<

Would have expected it to be fixed now as its been over a month now

You can tell it to ignore the warning you know, Marc.
    Hi proffink, Yeah I don't fancy bypassing my anti-virus on both my laptop and pc, strange how it does it with two different search engines and other forums do not, I'm ok with just popping on on my phone to be honest.
    ATB, Marc